Nishnawbe Aski Legal Services Corporation
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporationinvites applications from all Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) members, along with all other interested applicants for the full time position of Victim Witness Liaison Worker in Kashechewan, ON
Overview of NALSC and the Victim Witness Program
The Victim Witness Liaison program is mandated to improve the quality of services to crime victims and witnesses of crime. NALSC is presently recruiting a full-time Victim Witness Liaison worker to provide these services to NAN First Nations.
Victim Witness Liaison
Working under the direction of the Victim Witness Liaison Manager, the Victim Witness worker assists victims and witnesses of all ages in dealing with consequences of victimization and helps them through the criminal justice process. S/he acts as support, ensures immediate needs are addressed such as safety, referring to appropriate resources, assists victims and witnesses with the court process and/or to participate in a restorative justice process and liaises with appropriate agencies and service organizations.
· Education and/or experience in the social work, justice, or mental health field;
· Ability to counsel/relate to people with emotional situations;
· Experience with the Euro-Canadian legal system and knowledge of Aboriginal justice systems;
· Experience in program management and planning;
· Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment;
· Computer skills using MS Word;
· Good communication skills both oral and written;
· Must be willing and able to travel extensively;
· Valid driver’s license with reliable vehicle;
· Ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree, Cree or Ojibway an asset.
Closing Date: Monday July 13, 2020.
Please send your cover letter, resume and three (3) references to:
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
ATTN: Human Resources
1805 Arthur Street East, Unit 100, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 2R6
Tel: 807-622-1413 Fax: 807-622-3024 Toll Free: 1-800-465-5581
For more information, please contact Human Resources at 1-807-633-8158
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NALSC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- Monday to Friday
Due to COVID-19, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services offices are closed and employees are required to work from home until further notice.