The Seabee Gold Operation is an underground gold mining and milling operation, located near Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada, approximately 125 kilometers northeast of the town of La Ronge. The Santoy underground mine has been in continuous commercial production since 2014. Commercial production at the Seabee underground mine commenced in 1991 and exhausted Mineral Resources in 2018. All ore is processed at the Seabee mill facility, which has been in operation since 1991
This position is a fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge. The work schedule will be 14 days on site, 14 days off site.
Working with other kitchen and housekeeping staff to ensure all kitchen dishware / cutlery / pots and pans are consistently in a ready state of cleanliness and available as required when used to prepare camp meals.
- Production of soup, lunch, supper, sauces
- Taking down of the steam line
- Proper storage and use of leftover food
- Proper use, maintenance and cleaning of all equipment
- Ensuring overall general kitchen cleanliness
- Prepare menu, in conjunction with Medic and other staff on a weekly basis, always keeping special diets and allergies in mind
- Shop for groceries on a weekly basis
- Responsible to ensure that grocery costs are kept at a minimum)
- Ensure that meals and snacks are ready on time
- Attend to the dietary needs of any campers/staff who require special diets
- Responsible to ensure that Health Standards are being met and liaise with the local Health Inspector when required
- Overall operation, maintenance and cleanliness of the camp kitchen on an ongoing basis
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience as a cook in a catering environment
- 3 – 5 years in a supervisory or leadership role
- Completed Grade 12 or equivalent
- Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Red Seal certification preferred
- Line or banquet cooking experience will be considered and asset
- Food Safe Certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, and presentation required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills and a positive and proactive attitude towards safety is essential