Laonil Lake, SK
The Seabee Gold Operation is an underground gold mining and milling operation, located near Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada, approximately 125 kilometers northeast of the town of La Ronge. The Santoy underground mine has been in continuous commercial production since 2014. Commercial production at the Seabee underground mine commenced in 1991 and exhausted Mineral Resources in 2018. All ore is processed at the Seabee mill facility, which has been in operation since 1991.
This position is a fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge. The work schedule will be 14 days on site, 14 days off site.
Reporting to the Manager, Surface Operations, the primary responsibility is to safely oversee all Site Services department activities on site. These activities include production ore haul, construction assigned, road construction including a seasonal ice road for mine resupply and support services to all departments.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- Oversee entire surface operation, including satellite mines, maximizing the efficiency of the process.
- Be accountable for list of priorities and employee safety.
- Coordinate with department heads to accomplish work at hand.
- Manage resources to maintain and enhance critical equipment performance and availability to optimize operational efficiency.
- Create and maintain annual departmental budget.
- Perform tours of Surface Operations for the benefit of Mines Inspector and VIP’s as required.
- Manage employee schedules, salaries, and vacation requests.
- Produce accurate Month End Reports regarding completed and ongoing projects.
- Compile orders to be received and properly stored via ice road delivery.
- Plan and expedite the construction of the winter road for delivery of yearly supplies.
- Assist in planning and executing capital projects and other large construction projects.
- Comply with environmental guidelines to meet guidance from all levels of government.
- Establishing and maintaining a sound working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Required Skills
- The successful candidate will have a post-secondary education and 5 years relevant experience in the mining or construction industry.
- Preference will be given to a mechanical engineering and/or a construction or mechanical trade.
- A positive and proactive attitude towards safety is essential committed to safe working practices and zero harm.
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling aptitude and interest.
- Must have operational knowledge of all equipment on site, as well as proper operational technique.
- Excellent communication skills to convey ideas and plans.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience using computer software technologies.
- Patience to deal with personnel issues and human resource issues.
- Must have satisfactory knowledge of the processes and equipment used in the mining industry.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience with equipment operation and crew management.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate good leadership skills.