Prairie Mountain Health
Sandy Lake, ON
- Full-time high school, minimum Grade 10, or post secondary student, at least 16 years of age, legally entitled to work in Canada and intending to return to their studies in the fall
- Experience in the operation of various types of grounds related equipment
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining effective interpersonal working relationships required
- Demonstrated strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Maintain a professional manner at all times
- Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The incumbent will be responsible to assist building Maintenance staff to maintain and care for the exterior grounds, equipment and buildings. The incumbent will also perform preventative and corrective maintenance on buildings and equipment as required by quality assurance programs. A safe environment will be maintained by ensuring buildings and grounds are in good condition and repair using products that are safe, ensure infection control and environmental regulations are adhered to.
- Works in co-operation with all other staff to produce a harmonious working relationship.
- Ensures that equipment, tools, materials, etc. are properly maintained and ensures economic use of the same.
- Maintains work and equipment areas in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Performs other maintenance duties as required, not exceeding skills and capabilities.
- Notifies Supervisor when additional help is required.
- Performs all aspects of grounds maintenance.
- Maintains grounds related equipment to the best of their ability.
- Operates various types of grounds equipment such as mowers, weed eaters etc.
- Notifies their Supervisor of any type of specific training is required.
- Other duties as assigned.