POSITION: Spare Express Freight Services Worker
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Express Freight
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains timely and accurate inventory records for Yard, Train & Express activities based on communication with operating crews and other external and internal customers.
- Communicates with customers through personal contact and telephone, providing rates, shipping details and timelines including the preparation of waybills/reports and their subsequent delivery.
- Performs warehouse duties ensuring local freight is placed for delivery and transship freight is dispatched to correct outbound cars (weighing up to 75 pounds).
- Weighs outgoing traffic at scale and ensures these details are correctly entered on waybills.
- Loads and unloads customers’ prepaid vehicles on designated flat cars secured in accordance with current standards and collects revenue as required.
- Loads and unloads customers’ baggage in designated baggage/line cars and baggage kiosks.
- Customer Service Unit duties as required.
- Janitorial responsibilities at the Moosonee Station, Express and Yard offices.
- Performs above and such other duties as required by Management.
- Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in (English, French and Cree)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of computers and appropriate keyboarding skills
- Available for shift work
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized warehouse equipment
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and practices
- Railway experience would be an asset
CLOSING DATE: May 17, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.