WEHCO Media is searching for a mid level to senior Python developer experienced with the Django framework for full-time employment, located in Fayetteville, AR. Similar frameworks and experience will be considered.
This role will be responsible for adding new features and maintaining existing applications as well as building new systems when required. Researching new solutions and making informed suggestions to the team and management will be required. Understanding the core business priorities will be critical for a successful candidate. A good fit will be able to keep pace individually within our development cycles while balancing when to seek help from the rest of the team and management. The right candidate should feel ownership of the features they are shipping and contribute to the team accordingly.
The WEHCO Software Engineering team is small and serves the needs of all the companies under the WEHCO publishing and media umbrella. We manage and maintain many different systems in a few different languages. We have many legacy systems that have many challenges to tackle as we upgrade them.
- Strong Python/Django experience preferred
- Able to navigate and make changes to a Linux server across different distros
- Experience with SQL databases in any variant, including writing and understanding queries
- Nice to Haves:
- Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Django REST Framework experience
- PostgreSQL experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks – learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Monday to Friday