Kirkland Lake Gold
Detour Lake, SK
Detour Lake Mine, Canada
Rate of Pay
Salary, Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and standards and legislated requirements with a focus on health and safety.
- Directs the work of Field Technicians to coordinate actions of exploration contractors including diamond drilling, geophysical, geochemical, line cutters, and surveyors, etc.
- Spots drill hole locations with GPS and locates access to drill sites, coordinate movement of drills, and ensure proper alignment of drills on set ups. Directs drill contractor to location for water pumps at proper water sources.
- Conducts drill site safety and environmental inspections and ensures compliance with company policies. May assist with geological data entry (Microsoft office) and map production/drafting using ArcGIS as required through training.
- Coordinates related exploration field activities for geologists including, logistics of field work, geochemical program sample collection (stream, soil, till sampling), trenching and channel sampling programs, tent camp set-up and camp support duties, etc.
- Can help to supervise measuring drill core and footage recording, tag making, sample collection, splitting, sawing. Insertion and recording of QA-QC standards, and blanks. Complete lab shipment forms and file properly, dispatch samples ensuring a chain of custody process. Organize, chart and store assay lab sample returns (pulps, rejects).
- Post Secondary (2-year course) diploma in geology related field or a combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum high-school diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of exploration experience involved with surface or underground diamond drilling as well as support services field work to exploration geologists.
- Team leadership experience.
- Industry standard training in WHIMIS, First Aid, and safety related topics is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS software applications such as excel, word.
- Experience with geological data entry (MS) and Arc GIS and other geological software considered an asset.
- Experience and/or training in the use of various field vehicles and equipment including compass, GPS, ATV’s, boats, Skidoo’s, forklift, channel sampling saw, chain saw, etc.
- Ability to work independently and safely with a positive attitude.
- Capable of listing a minimum of 20kg.
- Must hold valid Ontario motor vehicle license.