Webequie First Nation Education Authority
Webequie Education Authority is currently accepting qualified Teachers for Simon Jacob Memorial Education Centre for the school year – September 2020 to June 2021 (Based on evaluation)
Remuneration and Benefits Include:
- Benefits Package – Health/Insurance
- Travel Allowance
- FREE Housing with all utilities (internet, hydro, tv, etc) covered
- Northern Store Allowance
- PD Conference – Held annually before March Break in Thunder Bay, ON
- Pension Plan (50/50)
- March Break and Christmas Holidays
- Bonuses & Enhancement entitlements
- Membership in good standing with OCT or ability to register;
- B.A. or B.Sc. with B.Ed
- Qualifications for Primary/Junior/intermediate Level
- Possess a valid criminal record check
- Familiar or an understanding with the Ontario Curriculum
- Appreciation and understanding of Indigenous culture and traditions
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to locate in Northern communities and work in First Nations schools
About the School:
Classes of between 10-20 Students
An Educational Assistant in each class
Classroom Technology – Smartboard, iPads, etc.
Amazing staff members
Breakfast Program, After school Program and Nutrition Snacks
The school is located in the center of the community which only takes 2 minutes to walk from Teacher Residences.
Special and Traditional activities throughout the year.
WEBEQUIE FIRST NATION
a remote First Nations community located 540km north of Thunder Bay.
- Royal Bank of Canada branch
- Canada Post (Post office)
- Northern Store (Groceries)
- Local convenience store
- 800+ population
Flight information: North Star Air and Wasaya Airlines fly into the communities on a daily basis, it takes 1 hour to fly in from Thunder Bay, Ontario.
For more information or to apply, http://www.webequie.ca or http://www.SJMEC.org
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)