Pikangikum Education Authority
$70,000 – $100,000 a year
The Pikangikum Education Authority is seeking a motivated individual to work as a School Nurse for the school (JK – Gr. 12) in Pikangikum First Nations
School Nurse Responsibilities
- Provides direct care to students – injuries, illness … etc.
- Assessment and treatment within the scope of Professional Nursing Practices.
- The school nursing program would focus on assisting in providing preventative services such as auditory, visual and diabetic screening. Help to identify health problems that may create a barrier to education programs.
- Provide health promotion programming based on issues our students face.
- Promote healthy nutrition and lifestyle choices through education.
- Make referrals to specialized health care providers.
- Work in liason with the community nursing station health team ie: monitoring the efficacy of youth taking medications or other treatments.
- The school nurse provides leadership for the provision of health services. As the health care expert within the school, the school nurse assesses the overall system of care and develops a plan for ensuring that health needs are met. Responsibilities include assisting in the development of plans for responding to emergencies and disasters and confidential communication and documentation of student health information.
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Casual dress
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
- Subsidised commuter solution
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Ontario College of Nurses (Preferred)