Pikangikum Education Authority
School Chef Responsibilities:
Ordering food for the food service program.
Planning menus according to a fixed budget and following guidelines on nutrition and healthy eating.
Monitoring and managing supplies within a budget.
Supervising the work of other kitchen staff, including allocation of duties.
Complying with food safety legislation.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
Possessing a Culinary Management Diploma or equivalency.
Excellent communication skills
Use and care of kitchen equipment
Knowledge of hygiene standards in a kitchen area
Food Storage methods
Organized and methodical
Ability to be a team player
Knowledge of indigenous culture and fluency in the Ojibway or Oji-Cree language an asset
ServSafe Certified or willing to become
Special Physical Requirements:
Safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Stand and walk on non-cushioned flooring for long periods of time
Work in refrigerated areas
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Monday to Friday
- Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Pikangikum, ON (Preferred)
- English or Ojibway (Preferred)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes