Job description (external)
- Carry out measurements prescribed in procedures and work instructions
Record data collected as arranged
- Input data to appropriate databases or other records
- Carry out prescribed area, point and personnel monitoring, and develop required records
- Perform (or arrange for the performance of) calibration and maintenance of measuring devices and systems as prescribed
- Train/mentor employees as required by company programs
- Liaise with supervisors and workers in departments to ensure that actions in response to operational conditions are carried out as required
- Provide assistance and advice to employees on radiation and radiation protection related matters
- Comply with the Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures, which apply to their work
- Embrace and support Operational Excellence efforts and OE Culture
-Promote and adhere to Orano Canada’s values: Customer Satisfaction, -Continuous Improvement, Respect and People Development, Cohesion and Team Spirit, and Exemplarity, Integrity, Responsibility.
Work Location & Schedule:
- McClean Lake Mine site
- 14 days in and 14 days out rotating schedule
- Normally an 11 hour work day, although some activity outside of normal working hours is frequently required
Fly Day- This position will fly in and fly out on Tuesdays
Pick-Up Points: Saskatoon, Prince Albert, La Ronge, Buffalo Narrows and the designated communities in the Athabasca region of Camsell Portage, Uranium City, Stony Rapids, Fond du Lac, and Wollaston.
The safety of our employees and candidates is a top priority at Orano. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, the working location and/or schedule as advertised may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health and safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at the screening and interview stage.
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Technical school graduate in a related area (preferably with a Radiation Protection or Environmental Studies option) or equivalent qualifications and experience, or 1 to 5 years’ experience in a field related to environmental or workplace monitoring, preferably in the uranium mining industry
- Strong aptitude in mathematics, physics, and computers (i.e. databases)
- Technical and/or report writing skills are an asset
- Ensure accuracy of information gathered
- Required to work independently and respond to findings in an appropriate manner
- Required to have a sound knowledge of the company’s operations and of the requirements imposed by legislation and the various permits and licenses
Full-time Regular (REG) – 35-40 hrs/week
Applications will be accepted until
Additional job details
Location of position
Early Career (0-3 Years)