Purchasing Managers- WEST VAN FLORIST HOME & GARDEN LTD.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Purchasing Managers (0113)
West Van Florist™ opened its doors in 1933 and quickly grew to become a leader in the floral industry. It has occupied the same location since opening and is a permanent part of the West Vancouver community. Today, as a premium florist, garden shop, and giftware store, we offer the freshest, highest quality flowers and plants that are available and feature the latest trends in flower, garden, and home decor gifts. To consolidate our leading position in the floral industry, we are looking for a Purchasing Manager with deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- 3-5 years of experience as a purchasing manager in retail industry.
- Experience and deep knowledge of supply chain management.
- Experience and deep knowledge of inventory management and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong strategic planning and time management skills.
- Financial analysis and numeracy skills in order to analyze facts and figures.
- Problem solving skills with an analytical mindset.
- Decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment.
- Work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.