Island Falls, SK
Projects will vary geographically depending on the company’s Work On Hand. You will be flexible, and willing to travel to remote locations throughout Canada as required.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Ensures that safety risk assessments are carried out prior to undertaking a new activity
- Perform regular audit of work site to ensure that Health & Safety requirements are being met, bringing all infractions to the attention of the Superintendent (Super) and the Project Coordinator (PC)
- Ensure identification and reporting of near misses, incidents and accidents to the Safety department
- Promotes safety culture and the goal of zero harm to the employees and the public
- Manage financial aspects of contracts, including weekly, monthly reporting and Earned Value Reports (EVRs)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Act to resolve disagreements between the company and owner, or company and subcontractors before situation escalates
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties
- Provide overall construction management from pre-construction to completion, including coordination, financial reporting, methodologies, and project scheduling in conjunction with the Superintendent (Super) and Project Coordinator (PC)
- Identify required and non-compulsory changes in project scope. Ensure all changes have been documented and approved
- Mentor, coach and lead a successful team. Provide support and guidance
Successful candidate would have the following qualifications
- Civil or Structural engineering degree
- 5+ years experience in Heavy Civil Construction, preferably for a General Contractor
- Prior experience leading a project team
- Experience in self-perform work
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (scheduling, safety, negotiation, engineering, procurement, contract management and claims)
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.