QM Environmental is Canada’s premier industrial services company. We offer a full suite of environmental contracting services, including environmental construction, such as landfills and related facilities, earthen dam raises, slope and waterway restoration etc. remediation, hazardous materials abatement, emergency response and training.
QM is currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our team for the delivery of a multi-year major project in Gunnar, SK.
Location: Gunnar Mine Site, SK
This is an Operations role, responsible for assisting the Project Manager with projects from start to finish, ensuring that projects are completed according to the schedule, contract specification and budget. Reporting directly to the Project Manager/s, Project Coordinators act as “Deputy Project Managers”.
Project Management Support
- Focus on project management support for the team, to ensure deliverables are met and client requirements are sourced in a timely and professional manner
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Assist Project Manager with compiling and documenting progress billings for clients
- Attend mandatory site meetings for bidding QRI project manager when they are not available
- Attend monthly project manager meetings- Complete and file minutes of meetings
- Compile and maintain project summary sheets
- Follow up with subcontractors and subordinate staff to ensure work is being completed
- Provide training to site superintendents on field data entry
- Project administration and project management during overload
- Search for and distribute bid opportunities
- Assist with the preparation of proposals/prequalification’s
- Obtain business license for job location
- Prepare all field packages for Superintendents
- Prepare contracts and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- File copy of signed contract for audit requirements
- Update standard project checklist
- Obtain Certificates of Insurance
- Obtain project numbers/create files
Health and Safety
- Read, understand and follow Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures
- Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities
- Support local Health and Safety Coordinators, as required.
- Arrange soil testing/analysis for facilities, and organize turning/flipping and sampling of biocell if necessary
- Participate in ongoing industry training to ensure “best practices”
- Analysis of data for projects
Other duties, as required
- Graduate from both a secondary and a post-secondary institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Earth Science, Civil Engineering, or Environmental Engineering preferred
- In preparing construction estimates
- In managing employees and at least two (2) years with the direct responsibility for all resource allocation, management responsibilities, and administration of prime contracts, subcontracts, and contract changes
- In reviewing environmental site assessment reports for the purposes of understanding the contamination conditions of a property and how this relates to the implementation of a remediation solution
- Of environmental legislation, standards, and guidelines related to contaminated sites
- An understanding of engineering design, tender, and construction management processes and related contractual conditions for a variety of remediation technologies
- Software including, but not limited to, MS Excel 2010 or newer, MS Project (or similiar), and ERPs (MS Dynamics NAV GP or similar)
- Experience in using GIS Application, AutoCAD, and Topcon Magnet Office is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge in processing survey data is considered as an asset.
- To assist in analyzing and evaluating contaminated sites problems and to plan multi-disciplinary teams of technical and field operations personnel and external consultants to execute remediation solutions
- To communicate project risks effectively with Project Managers and Regional Manager
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional organization and communication skills to highlight project’s risks or opportunities to Project Manager or Regional Manager
- Takes initiative and has good work ethic
- Ability to multitask
- Maintain effectiveness to changing priorities
- Strive for efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Effective problem solving skills; ability to make decisions
- Ability to manage all personality types
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Effective interpersonal relations
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Exceptional customer service abilities
12 hour shifts (7am to 7pm) on a rotation of 14 days ON and 14 days OFF
Both office and outdoor activities related to typical construction site work environments. Ability to work in inclement weather conditions and travel are required.
QM offers competitive wages, plus an excellent benefits and matching RRSP plan.
QM Environmental values diversity. We participate in Employment Equity and have a zero tolerance towards racism. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.