Homewood Health is Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
As a Payroll Administrator, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you’ll be doing
- Perform the day-to-day functions of benefits and payroll administration, while also ensuring compliance with employment regulations and legislation
- Process enrollments and other changes into the group benefits plan and programs
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts and perform year end payroll reporting
- Remit RRSP contributions on a bi-weekly basis
- Support Payroll & Benefits Specialist with remitting premiums and reports for Ontario Health Tax, Revenue Quebec, WSIB in Ontario and Worker’s Compensation in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Provide assistance to employees regarding payroll questions and benefits information and assist with benefit claim issues or concerns
- Process Absence and Overtime Form entries into HRIS system
- Record and reconcile vacation, banked time, and sick leave to ensure accurate tracking
- Coordinate STD leaves and follow up with managers and employees
What we’re looking for
- Diploma in Payroll, Benefits, Human Resources or other relevant discipline with Canadian Payroll Practitioner certification
- Experience with Quebec payroll and year end reporting
- 2 years’ experience in Benefits and Payroll with some HR knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Payroll systems
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of Canadian Labour Laws including strong knowledge of Quebec provincial legislation as it relates to payroll and benefits
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.