The Ops Coordinator will liaise with SOCC to control the logistics at the base to coordinate between the counter, ramp, cargo, fuel, northern agents and the flight crews to ensure on-time performance and operational efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiarize yourself with area weather, NOTAMs and runway conditions.
- Keep up to date on maintenance and crewing issues that could cause delay.
- Support flight crews with Manifest, load sheet and special conditions.
- Keep the Northern Agents updated on any schedule changes and ensure flights are closed at their completion.
- Liaise with the front counter, cargo and ramp to keep the timing to ensure the aircraft departs on time.
- Forward all paperwork as required.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are adhered too
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 previous years of airline experience or equivalent is an asset
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
- Aviation background
- Aviation Radio License
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; Repetitively
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime as required
- Travel time as required
- Matching Contribution Pension plan
- Accommodations provided (Room, meals, etc.)
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% paid for Benefit Premiums;
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan;
- Flight benefits
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645