Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services
Pelican Narrows, SK
JOB TITLE: Nursing Program Assistant
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Prince Albert, SK
POSTED: Monday, May 15, 2020
DEADLINE: Friday, May 29, 2020
Reporting directly to the Clinical Services Manager the Nursing Program Assistant will assist with the day to day operations of the nursing programs in the Prince Albert Central Office. The Nursing Program Assistant will work with the Prince Albert Nursing Program Managers and Management team to provide program support and coordination of initiatives. The Nursing Program Assistant is responsible for entering data compiled from the communities for statistical purposes.
- Coordinating nursing relief schedules for the communities as required ensuring safe staffing levels.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with relief nurses and Health Director to confirm where they will be placed and the dates of the relief work required.
- Make travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for relief nursing staff as required. Ensure “relief nurses” are aware of travel policies.
- Assist in travel arrangements/coordination of specialists and other consultants to the communities.
- Ensure that all relief nurse travel claims are properly filled out and are signed by the nurse manager for approval for payment, before submitting claims to finance.
- Maintaining a record of training and recertification’s required for all relevant program staff and communicate to appropriate nursing manager to ensure safe levels of nursing practice.
- Keep a current list of all relief nurses available.
- Answer all enquiries relating to the relief schedules.
- Assist in maintaining relevant nursing up to date information on PBCN Health Services website.
- Perform data entry as required for statistical reports and in order to facilitate program planning and meet reporting requirements.
- Assist by completing purchase orders for placing orders for the necessary medical/drug supplies for the Health Centre’s. Assist by maintaining stock order binders and check on-call and regular time sheets to the master schedule for accuracy.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- Complete daily errands such as delivery and pick up of mail; forms and medical supplies.
- Other related tasks assigned by the Nurse Manager.
- Certificate in office education or other related program
- 1-2 years office experience.
- Strong computer skills such as data entry and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of PBCN communities
- Ability to speak/understand Cree
PBCN Health Services Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Forward your resume, three references and a current security clearance check to:
Lori Millions, Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 339 Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 5R7
Telephone: (306) 765-1430 Fax: (306) 953-0988