Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
What will you do at Ciena?
Ciena is recognized as a leading supplier of state-of-the-art coherent optical modem technology, and a key part of this technology lies in our custom DSP (digital signal processing). Join the WaveLogic Science Team to create and analyze digital algorithms for next generation high-speed optical systems.
- Create and analyze forward error correction (FEC) designs for next-generation high-speed optical communication systems.
- Work closely with the Modem Signal Processing Team on the implementation of digital algorithms in Ciena products.
- Analyze challenging problems in your areas of knowledge which would be a subset of: coding theory, statistics, signal processing, communications theory, control theory, high-speed algorithms, and optical physics.
- Create innovative solutions that can be implemented in CMOS.
- Model in MATLAB.
- Independently plan and schedule work.
- Learn new mathematical areas.
- Don’t know optical physics? No problem – you can learn it here!
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Interface and collaborate with DSP, hardware, firmware, electro-optic, systems and lab teams.
- Provide feedback & suggestions on existing designs; contribute ideas to improve design procedures.
Areas of impact
- Key DSP technology to enable state-of-the-art coherent optical modem development.
- Different types of FEC: LDPC, algebraic (RS, BCH, RM), Polar codes
- Message passing algorithms
- Signal processing
- Information Theory
- Digital communications
- Post-graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Math with focus on Coding Theory, Digital Communications, Signal Processing.
- Must have MATLAB experience.
- C++ experience would be an asset.