Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. As a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, has released Ancestors with Panache Digital Games and The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment, and will publish the upcoming title Disintegration with V1 Interactive along with other unannounced partnerships. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. We are growing our capabilities to allow us to continue bringing great games to players and are looking for a new member of our team near Seattle, WA.
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction — forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
As the Multiplayer Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for owning all functionality associated with networking and multiplayer services for our game software, working with a team of engineering professionals. You are a clear and crisp communicator, a team player, and you excel at designing and writing stable, performant client-server applications, as well as optimizing user experiences for variable latency and bandwidth network connections. You will evaluate and understand the potential impacts of various service integrations and implementations, and will make evidence-based recommendations on our path forward. You’ll make deep contributions to essential technologies that make our product unique, and you will hold the team to high standards by demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. You will collaborate with leadership, improve tools and processes, collaborate with QA, and deliver amazing software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- High proficiency with TCP/UDP/IP, Networking Fundamentals, Client-Server systems, and Cloud Services for Gaming.
- Has contributed software to at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and professionally with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Developed scalable applications on a Major Cloud Service implementation (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- Experience with Lua, or an equivalent scripting language or modding platform for games.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.