The Seabee Gold Operation is an underground gold mining and milling operation, located near Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada, approximately 125 kilometers northeast of the town of La Ronge. The Santoy underground mine has been in continuous commercial production since 2014. Commercial production at the Seabee underground mine commenced in 1991 and exhausted Mineral Resources in 2018. All ore is processed at the Seabee mill facility, which has been in operation since 1991.
This position has a schedule of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. You will be required to fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge.
The Miner I will be responsible for operating various underground mining equipment in a safe and efficient manner, must be proficient in all aspects of underground mining. Ability to work in all aspects of underground mining as needed to maintain production targets. Successful candidates must demonstrate high quality workmanship and demonstrate high safety values.
Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience in an underground hard rock mine – preferably gold mining.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain a valid Saskatchewan blasting ticket
- Experienced operating 1 and 2 boom Jumbo’s
- Ability to prep faces and load rounds
- Experience in raise mining is considered an asset
- Ability to read mine prints and follow geological ground control
- Experienced in drill and blast procedures
- Able to operate jack leg and stopper
- Ability to run long hole drills is considered an asset
- Ability to operate remote scoop is considered an asset
- Experienced in underground load/haul operations
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Required Skills
- The successful candidate will have good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience in an underground hard rock mine – preferably gold mining.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality is essential.
- Five years’ operating experience on 1 and 2 boom jumbo.
In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate good communication skills and have a positive and proactive attitude towards safety.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must possess a security screening document or equivalent document as defined by The Mines Regulations, 2018. The successful candidate will be required to maintain their security screening document or equivalent document throughout their employment at their own expense, and will be required to provide confirmation of same and advise the employer of any changes to, revocation of or suspension of their security screening document during the term of their employment.