Sector Resources Canada, Ltd
$15 – $19 an hour
Mine Captain / Shift Boss
Location: Atlin, British Columbia, Canada
Position Type: Contract
Anticipated Start: ASAP
*Must be eligible to work in Canada
Sector Resources Canada, Ltd (“SRCL”) is a private resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with its focus on the extraction of gold from the Spruce Creek underground placer reserve located in Atlin, BC.
Mine Captain / Shift Boss
Reporting to the Mine Manager, the Mine Captain / Shift Boss is accountable for assigning work and supervising production crews of approximately 2-5 people to ensure production objectives for the build out of a drain tunnel and to establish the main portal for an underground placer mine. Once in production, objectives include harvesting ore and establishing waste areas in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Promote a work place environment which supports safe and efficient behavior on the job and an awareness of and compliance with environmental, safety, engineering, and Mine Act requirements;
- Schedule operators and equipment to achieve production targets for tonnes, grades, stripping, equipment utilization in a safe, environmentally sound, and cost effective fashion, all in accordance with good mining practice;
- Measure the performance of his/her crew in achieving key operating targets such as safety, attendance, productivity, quality control, environmental compliance, and cost control improving the effectiveness of the crew by communicating the results to his/her crew and his supervisor;
- Coordinate mine operations activities with Maintenance and Mill operations personnel to optimize productivity, ore blending, and cost control;
- Communicate with the Mine Manager to ensure that the operators on the shift are trained to meet all the requirements safely and productively;
- Administer the health, safety and mine regulations and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with Company policies and procedures;
- Keep records of all aspects of production achieved on his/her shift per the daily shift log, as well as special reports as required;
- Control movement of machinery within the drain tunnel and mine through a dispatch system;
- Participate with the Mine Manager in the detailed planning and setup for the next shift;
- Measure the performance of his/her crew in achieving key targets in safety and ensure that all employees know, understand and comply with all safety rules and policies and be held accountable for the safety performance and statistics generated through his/her efforts;
- Work under the direction of the Mine Manager to maintain the pit dewatering system.
- Completion of Gr.12 or equivalent;
- Technical diploma, degree or similar qualification in mine engineering;
- Possess a valid Shift Boss certificate in British Columbia or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underground mining;
- Strong interpersonal and management skills;
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, energetic;
- Experience with underground coal mining desired;
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Salary and bonuses will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and references.
Sector Resources Canada, Ltd and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. SRCL respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- English (Required)