Job description (external)
- Conduct all duties required in a safe and efficient manner
- Successfully complete training in the following areas: confined space entry, fall protection, lockout, WHMIS, radiation
- Competently operate and troubleshoot independently once trained in an area
- Act as a peer trainer for the process areas once trained and competent in the six process areas
- Operate all mandatory mobile equipment competently
- Take on an active leadership roles (lead hand, project lead, new circuit commissioning, etc.…) when requested/required
- Actively participate in weekly safety huddles
- Main responsibilities include: Ore Receiving, Leaching, CCD/Tailings, Clarification/SX, Precip/Calcining, JEB and SUE Water Treatment and Central Control Room.
Work Conditions, Location & Schedule:
- McClean Lake site
- 14 days in and 14 days out rotating schedule
- Normally an 11 hour work day, although some activity outside or normal working hours may be required
- This position is physically demanding
- Maybe required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to work rotating shifts (days and nights)
Fly Day- This position will fly in and fly out on Tuesday (B Shift)
Pick-Up Points: Saskatoon, Prince Albert, La Ronge, Buffalo Narrows and the designated communities in the Athabasca region of Camsell Portage, Uranium City, Stony Rapids, Fond du Lac, and Wollaston.
The safety of our employees and candidates is a top priority at Orano. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, the working location and/or schedule as advertised may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health and safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at the screening and interview stage.
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Possess Grade 12 or equivalent
- Residents of Saskatchewan’s North (RSN) applicants will be given preference
-Complete the Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES) with a desired profile of 2-2-2 in the areas of reading, Comprehension, Document Use and Numeracy
- Agree to receiving further aptitude testing, as well as, undertake essential skill development as required
- Basic computer skills are required, as the mill is computer controlled
- Some mechanical aptitude is required to understand some equipment operation, for example, pumps, valves, filters, agitators, etc.
- Previous mining or maintenance experience, along with a background in industrial or process equipment is an asset
- Must be dependable and have the ability to work independently
- Class 5 Valid driver’s license is considered an asset
- Must have good communication skills
Full-time Regular (REG) – 35-40 hrs/week
Applications will be accepted until
Additional job details
Location of position
High School Diploma/GED
Early Career (0-3 Years)