SGO Mining Inc. is a Saskatchewan-based gold producer, engaged in the production, exploration and development of gold mineral reserves and mineral resources. Seabee Gold Operation is located 125 kilometers northeast of La Ronge, SK. Our Santoy Mine is located approximately 14 kilometers east of the Seabee Mill and is a 1000 tpd operation.
This position is a fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge. The work schedule will be 14 days on site, 14 days off site; 12-hour workdays.
The Mill Labourer is an assistant to the Mill Operators. The Mill Labourer will maintain the cleanliness of the mill plant and assist the Mill Operators with any operating tasks within the plant. Assist with minor maintenance duties as required.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform minor maintenance on crusher circuit including assisting with changing screens and rollers, conveyors
- Operating crushing circuit to maintain mill feed requirements when required
- Assist mill operators and Maintenance personnel as required
- Cover holidays booked by Mill Operators
- Work in concert with Operations and Maintenance
- Report maintenance concerns to Mill Lead Hand
- Perform other duties as required
- Mechanically inclined will be an asset to perform a variety of tasks
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The successful candidate will have completed Grade 12 or equivalent, and should have previous related experience working in remote, fly in camp sites
- 1 – 3 years of mining industry related experience
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and interest
- Physical strength to lift 50 lbs. and perform occasional heavy work
- Good communication skills to understand verbal instructions and to relay maintenance concerns
- Flexibility to be able to crouch and bend
- Mental awareness to be able to work around moving mechanical parts and potential hazards
- Ability to use electrical and air power tools
- Capacity to work around conditions of extreme noise and dust
- Visual acuity, near and far, and depth perception to read gauges
- In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate good communication skills
- A positive and proactive attitude towards safety is essential