Job description (external)
- Maintain and promote safety and environmental awareness
- Perform minor maintenance and calibration of laboratory and field instruments
- Carry out routine safety and quality control checks as they relate to the Metallurgy laboratory
- Collect and prepare mill samples for chemical analysis
- Execute and assist in metallurgical tests as required to lead and support continuous improvement in the areas of sampling, analysis reporting, mill processes, mill improvement, and environmental performance.
- Monitor, Evaluate and Report on Mill Performance when required
- Assist in metallurgy and mill report preparation, as required
- Assist the chemical assay laboratory if required
- Attend scheduled department meetings
- Embrace and support Operational Excellence efforts and OE Culture
- Comply with all Orano health, safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Promote and adhere to Orano Canada’s values: Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Respect and People Development, Cohesion and Team Spirit, and Exemplarity, Integrity, Responsibility.
Work Location & Schedule:
- McClean Lake Mill in a 14 days in and 14 days out schedule
- Normally an 11 hour work day, although some activity outside of normal working hours may be required
- This position requires moderate physical ability
- May be required to work evening or night shifts
Fly Day- This position will fly in and fly out on Tuesday
Pick-Up Points: Saskatoon, Prince Albert, La Ronge, Buffalo Narrows and the designated communities in the Athabasca region of Camsell Portage, Uranium City, Stony Rapids, Fond du Lac, and Wollaston.
The safety of our employees and candidates is a top priority at Orano. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, the working location and/or schedule as advertised may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health and safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at the screening and interview stage.
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Preference will be given to a resident of Saskatchewan’s North (RSN)
- Possess a grade 12 diploma with a minimum of 60% in each of the following subjects: English Language Arts A30, English Language Arts B30, Chemistry 30 and Pre-Calculus 30 (or a min of 60% in a 30-level math)
- Able to work in both industrial and laboratory environments
- Able to rotate in any of the positions described above as required and to participate in a team setting to solve problems
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail and good problem solving skills required
- Must have the ability to learn on the job
- Must be Safety conscience
Full-time Regular (REG) – 35-40 hrs/week
Applications will be accepted until
Additional job details
Location of position
High School Diploma/GED
Early Career (0-3 Years)