Athabasca Health Authority
Black Lake, SK
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE SERVICES OF A FULL-TIME MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST FOR THE ATHABASCA HEALTH AUTHORITY.
The Athabasca Health Authority is seeking the services of a Full-Time Mental Health Therapist (MHT) in the Athabasca Basin. The MHT is responsible for providing confidential mental health therapy services to members of the Athabasca Basin communities to facilitate and improve their mental and emotional well-being.
This includes providing mental health services to individuals and families experiencing emotional, behavioral and mental disorders. This involves direct culturally appropriate clinical counseling; initial intake assessments and the development of individual, family and group treatment plans; providing crisis intervention to individuals, families and groups that will address issues such as family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; sexual abuse; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity of the Dene culture.
· Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills consistent with establishing and maintaining the working relationships required to effectively perform the role requirements.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Possess sound judgment as well as critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing, with the general public, AHA staff and community members.
· Ability to prioritize the role tasks; react positively to heavy workloads, conflicting demands, and tight time constraints.
· Demonstrate professional behavior consistent with the standards of any professional association and AHA policies.
· Assume responsibility and is accountable at all times for personal practice.
· Demonstrated ability to use standard office software.
· Willingly participate in quality improvement and client safety initiatives.
· Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or other Behavioral Sciences from a recognized program.
· 3-5 years recent clinical experience providing individual, group, family and couple therapeutic counseling services.
· Valid membership in a professional association
· Approved Mental Health Therapist through FNIHB preferred
· Knowledge of the Dene language would be considered an asset
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Individuals interested in applying for this position should forward their resume, including a clear CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Search (original or certified true copy required) and 3 professional references including at least one from your current/previous employer to:
Athabasca Health Authority
P.O. Box 124
Black Lake, SK S0J 0H0
Phone: 306-439-2200 or 306-439-2627
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- mental health: 1 year (Preferred)