Saskatchewan Health Authority
La Loche, SK
On December 4, 2017, the Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) launched, transitioning 12 former Regional Health Authorities to a single provincial health authority. The SHA is the largest organization in Saskatchewan, employing over 43,000 employees and physicians responsible for the delivery of high quality and timely health care for the entire province. We are driven by the commitment to improve frontline patient care for Saskatchewan people, and we are working together to better coordinate health services across the province to ensure patients receive high quality, timely health care, wherever they live in Saskatchewan. Establishing one provincial approach to plan and deliver health-care services will break down geographic boundaries and service silos, to provide more consistent and coordinated health-care services across the province.
La Loche Health Centre is an Integrated Primary Care facility with Acute and Emergency departments, Long Term Care, Primary Clare clinic and Community-based services. Reporting to the Director of Primary Health Care NW North, the Manager is responsible for leading the cross functional teams to support operations in La Loche Health Centre, ensuring the provision of effective programs and services to the community of La Loche and the surrounding communities. This position will transition into the Manager of Primary Health Care, La Loche, under the new organizational structure.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in healthcare management and/or nursing leadership.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a nurse within an Emergency Department and Acute Care/Long-Term care environment.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
- Experience working in a unionized environment including the administration of Collective bargaining Agreements.
- Relevant education and experience may also be considered.
- Licensed and in good standing with professional association (Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association) and/or regulatory body, if applicable.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license.
This is a permanent full-time out-of-scope position commending July 13, 2020. Salary and benefits as per terms and conditions of employment.
This competition will close on July 2, 2020. For external applicants to be considered, you will be required to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume. You must also upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on certificate/diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one-required additional document, place them into one file (preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under additional document on the Apply Screen.
Fax, email or mail resumes to:
Saskatchewan Health Authority, Human Resources
P. O. Box 40, Buffalo Narrows, SK S0M 0J0
Fax: (306) 235-4604
Telephone: (306) 235-2220
Saskatchewan Health Authority appreciates all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- healthcare management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- SRNA (Preferred)