Prairie Mountain Health
Sandy Lake, ON
- Active practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM), or eligible for active practicing licensure with the (CLPNM)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Training
- Knowledge, competence and ability to demonstrate clinical nursing skills and concepts in accordance with approved nursing standards
- Ability to make effective decisions regarding nursing care
- Basic knowledge and skills to work with computers, and electronic software programs
- Demonstrated effective problem solving, organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Consistent with the vision, mission and values of the Prairie Mountain Health sites, and affiliate sites, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care to patients/residents/clients in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. Licensed Practical Nurses recognize and fulfill their Professional responsibilities by practicing within the scope of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurses Act, the approved College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) Scope of Practice and Entry–Level Competencies, provincial and federal legislation and within the guidelines of professional ethics.
- The LPN is required to practice in accordance with the following to their level of scope of practice, expertise, training and experience.
- The Licensed Practical Nurses Act of Manitoba
- The CLPNM Standards of Practice
- The CLPNM Code of Ethics
- The Scope of Practice Entry Level Competencies
- Obtain and maintains the relevant competencies for the position as offered by PMH.
- Other duties as assigned.