Prairie Mountain Health
- Active practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM), or eligible for active practicing licensure with the (CLPNM)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Training
- Knowledge, competence and ability to demonstrate clinical nursing skills and concepts in accordance with approved nursing standards
- Ability to make effective decisions regarding nursing care
- Basic knowledge and skills to work with computers, and electronic software programs
- Demonstrated effective problem solving, organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Consistent with the vision, mission and values of the Prairie Mountain Health sites, and affiliate sites, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care to patients/residents/clients in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. Licensed Practical Nurses recognize and fulfill their Professional responsibilities by practicing within the scope of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurses Act, the approved College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) Scope of Practice and Entry–Level Competencies, provincial and federal legislation and within the guidelines of professional ethics.
- The LPN is required to practice in accordance with the following to their level of scope of practice, expertise, training and experience.
- The Licensed Practical Nurses Act of Manitoba
- The CLPNM Standards of Practice
- The CLPNM Code of Ethics
- The Scope of Practice Entry Level Competencies
- Obtain and maintains the relevant competencies for the position as offered by PMH.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are currently employed by PMH, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by PMH, please utilize the external application form.
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance.
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks.
PMH has an Aboriginal Human Resources initiative and is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal people within all levels of our workforce. Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self identify as being of Aboriginal descent in their cover letter and/or within their application form.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOR ALL