The Seabee Gold Operation is an underground gold mining and milling operation, located near Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada, approximately 125 kilometers northeast of the town of La Ronge. The Santoy underground mine has been in continuous commercial production since 2014. Commercial production at the Seabee underground mine commenced in 1991 and exhausted Mineral Resources in 2018. All ore is processed at the Seabee mill facility, which has been in operation since 1991
This position is a fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge. The work schedule will be 14 days on site, 14 days off site.
The Labourer is responsible for completing manual labour activities around site. They are required to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner as directed by their supervisor.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- Remove trash and drop at waste management facilities.
- Unload planes and other incoming freight.
- Perform daily surface pump checks.
- Tailings and reclaim line insulating and maintenance.
- Complete projects within allotted period.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area.
- Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees; including the Code of Conduct. The Respect in the Workplace Policy, Safety, Health & Environment policies, and any other applicable standard, policies and procedures are implemented and or revised by the Company or by Legislation.
The successful candidate will have completed Grade 12 or equivalent, and should have previous related experience working in remote, fly-in campsites.
- Ability to understand spoken and written instructions.
- Physical ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Ability to use electric and air power tools.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Mental awareness to be able to work around potential hazards.
- Able to work in conditions of extreme cold or heat.
- Must have knowledge to use MSDS information sheets.