Argus Properties Hospitality
SmackDAB at Manteo and Hotel Eldorado are looking for exceptional kitchen workers to be part of our team!
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Prepares and plate dishes for service, observing the Chef’s recipes and pre-determined portion sizes
- Works as part of the culinary team to produce high quality dishes consistently and quickly
- Supports rest of the culinary team to ensure top-quality service
- Assists in food tracking and control as requested by the Chef
- Properly labels, stores and rotates food items to prevent excess waste
- Work to maintain quality of all food prepared with the Chef de Partie on duty
- Maintain Health and Safety to B.C. Health standards by keeping the whole kitchen area clean and organized
- Maintain a professional kitchen appearance
- Work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Observe health and safety practices at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Bending, standing, reaching, cutting, lifting, pushing, repetitive physical movements, dexterity and full range of motion of hands to whisk, scoop, cut, scale, shape and move product as needed.
Exposure to kitchen equipment; large and small ovens, stoves, mixers, fryers, combi ovens, steamers, fridges and freezers as well as cryo-vac and sous vide machines.
Skills and Qualifications:
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
- High School diploma
- Food Safe Certificate required
- Minimum of 2 years first cook experience in a fast-paced hotel restaurant
- WHMIS training