Sandy Bay, SK
Location – SANDY BAY
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 05/03/2020 to be considered for this opportunity.
This position is Northern Aboriginal Specific (NAS) in accordance with the North Start Agreement.
The employee in this training classification will obtain an Interprovincial Journeyperson Electrician Certificate upon successful completion of four apprenticeship years in accordance with the required training courses and experience.
- The level of the work performed will increase and the amount of work direction given will decrease as the employee progresses in the training program
- Adhere to applicable safety practices
- Adhere to applicable environmental standards, regulations and corporate commitments
- Participate in continuous educational and professional development, both internal and external and driver’s licencing upgrades, as required by the position
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Utilize SaskPower’s computer operating environment as required by the position
- Cooperate and deal tactfully with others
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Perform other related and assigned duties associated with this position
- Entrance requirements in accordance with the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trades Certification Standards
- All Candidates MUST refer to and be eligible to meet the Saskatchewan equivalent Entrance Requirements for Apprenticeship Training as per the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- Assessments, upgrades and/or equivalencies may be required; please refer to the SATCC or IQAS for further details
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to cooperate and deal tactfully with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
As per the requirements of the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission, to be
indentured, you must meet the minimum entrance requirements for apprenticeship training which includes a Saskatchewan equivalent grade 12, a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment level 6 (completed within the last 12 months), and/or be subject to passing an assessment monitored by the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission.
If you are unable to meet the requirements to be successfully indentured you will be required to secure another position through the bidding process, or you will be reverted.
In absence of any fully qualified applicants, Management may appoint a successful candidate from the candidate pool, based on a suitable combination of relevant education and experience
This position falls within the scope of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 2067.
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 05/03/2020.