Air Liquide Canada
Port Mellon, BC
Air Liquide is seeking a Plant operator for our 150 tonne Oxygen Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that the plant is maintained and functioning properly.
The facility supplies Howe Sound P&P via pipeline with oxygen and nitrogen on an uninterrupted basis. The O2 and N2 are extracted from the air through a cryogenic process.
- Ensures safe operation of the plant: Starts, operates and stops plant operations in a safe manner.
- Sees to the maintenance of equipment: Takes part in the annual turnaround activities; including mechanical, electrical and other maintenances tasks as well as periodically maintains the equipment themselves.
- Instrument Control
- Process improvement: Works with his team and multi-functional teams to continuously improve the work processes. Analyzes his activities, identifies the causes of problems and proposes adapted corrective measures.
- Minimum 3-5 years industrial experience
- Education high school diploma; electrical ; refrigeration or instrumentation ticket will be an asset
- Good Physical condition
- Highly mechanically inclined
- Knowledge: Previous PLC, Vibration analysis, high/low pressure gas systems experience as well as Cryogenic, refrigeration and/or pulp mill exp. Would be a strong asset.
- Technical abilities: Ability to work independently; under pressure and previous experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) – Maximo
- Problem-Solving: Identifies problem situations within an appropriate time frame, develops several alternative solutions to problems, analyses situations and highlights important safety issues
- Planning skills: Able to organize contractors schedules and overseeing the safely execution of their work under Air Liquide Management System
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Plant Operator: 3 years (Preferred)
- Equipment Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- CMMS – Computerized Maintenance Management System: 3 years (Preferred)
- refrigeration, instrumentation and/or electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Port Mellon, BC (Preferred)