Laonil Lake, SK
SGO Mining Inc. is a Saskatchewan-based gold producer, engaged in the production, exploration and development of gold mineral reserves and mineral resources. Seabee Gold Operation is located 125 kilometers northeast of La Ronge, SK. Our Santoy Mine is located approximately 14 kilometers east of the Seabee Mill and is a 1000 tpd operation.
This position is a fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge. The work schedule will be 14 days on site, 14 days off site; 11-hour workdays.
As the Housekeeper you will be working with other housekeeping staff to ensure camp accommodation units meet Company hygiene standards as well as SK Dept. of Health regulations pertaining to remote camp sites.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- For each room you make bed, change garbage, dust television, shelves and mirrors
- Cleaning of rooms as required
- Washing of bedding, towels, linens as required
- Cleaning of washroom facilities (showers, sinks, toilets)
- Cleaning of hallway floors
- Bathrooms: clean toilets inside and out
- Wash showers / shower curtains weekly
- Empty garbage cans daily
- Mop floors
- Ensure washroom dispensary units (toilet paper, paper towels) are filled and ready for use
- Return all dishes to kitchen
- Refill all laundry, cleaning supplies etc.
- Reports any discrepancies, malfunctions, in unit accommodations trailers to Camp Superintendent
- Office cleaning
- Weight Room cleaning
- Mill, Maintenance and Mine Dry cleaning
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
Start Time 7:00am
Breaks half hour lunch and half hour supper
Half hour break between 1:30pm and 3:00pm
End time 7:30
- Must demonstrate good communication skills
- A positive and proactive attitude towards safety is essential
- Remote Mine Camp experience an asset
- Janitorial experience an asset
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Physically demanding position. Duties include repetitive bending, pulling, carrying, high lifting and heavy pushing (up to 80lbs)
Should have previous related experience working in remote, fly in camp sites