Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services
Pelican Narrows, SK
JOB TITLE: Home Care Nurse / Assessor STATUS: Permanent Full Time
LOCATION: Pelican Narrows, SK
POSTED: Tuesday June 2, 2020
DEADLINE: June 30, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services is an incorporated non-profit First Nations health organization delivering health programs in the communities of Pelican Narrows, Deschambault Lake, Southend and Sturgeon Landing. PBCN Health Services is committed to striving for excellence, innovation and strengthening community development in health delivery.
Working in the community of Pelican Narrows, and reporting directly to the Home and Community Care Nurse Manager for all clinical matters and to the Health Director for all administration matters, the Home and Community Care Assessor/Nurse will use his/her nursing, teaching and assessment skills effectively assist clients to attain their optimum level of independent functioning. The Home Care Nurse/Assessor is responsible for providing nursing care within the Scope of Practice and in accordance PBCN guidelines and policies.
- Provide direction and supervision to Home and Community Care staff who report directly to the Home Care Nurse/Assessor for clinical matters.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and evaluation of the Home and Community Care services provided inthe community.
- Provide the Home and Community Care Nurse Manager with a monthly report of statistics, admissions and discharges.
- Utilize effective interpersonal communication and physical assessment skills in the development of a client centered nursing care plan;
- Provide active or palliative nursing care to clients in their home based on physician instructions;
- Continually assess the clients progress, using the nursing process, providing input for changes in the clients care plan.
- Must be a registered nurse in good standing in a Canadian Province and be able to obtain registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association.
- Previous work experience with Home Care, Long Term Care, or Community Health Nursing with First Nations people.
- Two or more years of experience in acute care nursing is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & public relation skills;
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance & Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
PBCN Health Services Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Forward your resume, three references and a current security clearance check to:
Lori Millions, Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 339 Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 5R7
Telephone: (306) 765-1430 Fax: (306) 953-0988