Fort Severn, ON
Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
Keewaytinook Internet High School (KiHS) is looking for enthusiastic and technologically capable high school teachers to work in one of our First Nations for the 2020/2021 school year (and beyond). The communities we are seeking positions for are Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug First Nation, Fort Severn First Nation, and Keewaywin First Nation.
KiHS is an innovative and highly respected school that delivers quality secondary programming to First Nations youth on reserve by blending face-to-face mentoring with cutting edge online asynchronous instruction. If you are intrigued by the rare chance to experience a beautiful part of the country while being at the forefront of where education is headed, KiHS may be the right school for you. The successful candidate will be the classroom teacher in one of the communities, mentoring the local students in all their online courses in all subject areas. In addition, the successful candidate will teach some online courses in her or his subject area. Math, English, Geography and Physical Education are some subject areas KiHS is looking to fill, but other subject specialists are welcome to apply. All three communities are remote fly-in communities.
KiHS offers communities:
- The ability for Indigenous students to stay-at-home while pursuing their secondary education
- Access to over 70 courses in grades 9-12 in all streams (locally developed, academic, applied, college prep, university prep, and workplace)
KiHS offers teachers:
- The opportunity to teach in a blended learning environment – face-to-face mentoring with online asynchronous instruction
- Opportunities to participate in land-based and cultural activities with your students
- The chance to join a growing, dedicated team of educators committed to supporting Indigenous students in the north
- Full-time employment with competitive salaries, benefits, pension (OTPP), professional development opportunities (e.g., funding for AQ courses), and the option of NTIP certification.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit the following link: https://kihsteaching.weebly.com/
Reference ID: 18-2020-KiHS-VARIOUS-High School Teacher
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- Temporarily due to COVID-19