As the Heavy Equipment Operator you are responsible for skilled work that involves the operation and inspection of surface equipment and machinery. The Heavy Equipment Operator will operate wheel loaders, graders, backhoes, excavators, dozer/crawler, and 40-ton haul trucks.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- Perform quality work as directed by Supervisor.
- Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to SGO.
- Attend daily safety line up meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and inspecting equipment to ensure good working order and document conditions found prior to shift operation.
- Continually monitor systems during safe operation procedures and report defective equipment or unsafe working conditions to Supervisor.
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
You will also demonstrate:
- A positive and proactive attitude towards teamwork and safety.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will have a 1A license with experience in equipment hauling, a minimum two (2) years mining experience and a minimum five (5) years proven experience in heavy equipment operation.