Sector Resources Canada, Ltd
Location: Atlin, British Columbia, Canada
Position Type: Contract
Anticipated Start: ASAP
*Must be eligible to work in Canada
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Sector Resources Canada, Ltd (“SRCL”) is a private resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with its focus on the extraction of gold from the Spruce Creek underground placer reserve located in Atlin, BC.
- Diagnose and perform mechanical repairs and maintenance of mining equipment including back hoes, scooptram, trucks, loaders, electric over hydraulic equipment and camp equipment.
- Diagnose equipment problems
- Disassemble and reassemble components such as engine, transmission, hydraulic, cooling systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differential, wheels, brakes and other components.
- Analyze troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust processing / mechanical equipment to maintain it in efficient operating condition.
- Experience in electrical equipment a plus
- Completion of Gr.12 or equivalent;
- Proven mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience with diesel and heavy equipment repair and maintenance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, energetic
- Valid driver’s license
- Salary and bonuses will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and references.
Sector Resources Canada, Ltd and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. SRCL respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information
Job Types: Contract, Fly-In/Fly-Out
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- heavy equipment mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)