SGO Mining Inc. is a Saskatchewan-based gold producer, engaged in the production, exploration and development of gold mineral reserves and mineral resources. Seabee Gold Operation is located 125 kilometers northeast of La Ronge, SK. Our Santoy Mine is located approximately 14 kilometers east of the Seabee Mill and is a 1000 tpd operation.
This position is a fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge. The work schedule will be 14 days on site, 14 days off site; 12-hour workdays.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisors, the Heavy Duty Mechanic will work with the Maintenance team and be responsible for providing mechanical support and expertise to all areas of the underground and surface operations. This position requires a thorough knowledge of maintenance and repair of mining equipment and the motivation to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision. Using technical and practical knowledge this position will follow instruction, utilize shop and assembly manuals and adhere to the health and safety standards as established by SSR Mining.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- Ensure projects are carried out meticulously, while meeting all budget and time constraints.
- Repairing the surface and underground mechanical equipment in a timely and financially responsible manner.
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Responsible for overhaul, maintenance, service, and reconditioning of mining equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other maintenance work.
- Responsible for giving direction and training to all level of mechanics as needed and other departments as required.
- Assist in forecasting of parts.
- Responsible for making recommendations regarding the extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement.
- Ability to work in a team environment and react to urgent operational needs.
- Adhere to the highest health and safety standards and is aware of the company’s policies and procedures on health & safety.
You will also demonstrate:
- Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills – ability to work with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- High attention to detail, strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize duties and solve problems.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- A positive and proactive attitude towards teamwork and safety.
The successful candidate will hold a valid Journeyperson’s license and have 2-3 years of heavy duty equipment experience.
Previous underground work experience is considered an asset in addition to working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic and machine assembly.
All mechanics must adhere to the “Required Tool List” in order to work at Seabee Gold Operation.