The Greater Vancouver Food Bank
- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Join our team who are passionate about providing an exceptional fundraising and donor experience
- Full-time Permanent Position
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB provides support to more than 8,500 people weekly across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to approximately 80 community agencies throughout these communities, such as housing agencies, women and children’s shelters and after school programs, who in turn provide meals and snacks to thousands of people each week.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes 4.5M lbs of food each year.
We provide a modern and inclusive office environment, with excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our competitive benefit plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision, 3 weeks accrued vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Your birthday and a personal day are additional paid days off.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living in our community.
- Professional Growth – mentoring, professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and excellent perks.
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and supportive team with strong leadership.
The GVFB is seeking a Fundraising Officer who is passionate about fundraising and donor experience. They have the dedication and fundraising skills to make a lasting impact within the organization. They play a key role in growing the Food Bank’s online presence, promoting and managing the Food Bank’s Virtual Food Drive peer-to-peer site, crafting compelling email communications and creating a memorable online donor experience. They are a positive, solutions-oriented team player helping us to reach our fundraising goals and create online enthusiasm for the work of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
- Overall day-to-day management of the Luminate Online fundraising platform;
- Developing & managing email campaigns, donation forms, Teamraiser (peer-to-peer) and other web projects in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders;
- Crafting an online donor experience that promotes the GVFB’s mission and accomplishes GVFB’s fundraising goals through developing online donor recruitment, engagement, recognition & stewardship;
- Managing Teamraiser events & configuration – including the Virtual Food Drive and similar peer-to-peer events;
- Providing personal attention to Teamraiser ‘champions’ – providing coaching, fundraising assistance, support and ‘prompting’ to ensure fundraising opportunities are maximized and barriers to success are removed;
- Implementing and monitoring website analytics (Google Analytics) to ensure a comprehensive view of user interaction with the website, all Luminate properties and all inbound marketing or solicitation initiatives;
- Leveraging social media as a marketing and fundraising tool, tracking and reporting on comparative conversion rates and ROI and making recommendations for budget spending;
- Staying current on industry tools and trends including web technologies; online fundraising best practices; social media and continually learn technical skills to improve the Food Bank’s online presence and fundraising success.
Personal attributes and core skills
- A deep understanding of online fundraising, email communications and content management best practices;
- Must be able to exercise decisiveness and good judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach creative solutions;
- Familiarity with search engine optimization, website analytics, and campaign performance tracking;
- Strong project coordination skills, including ability to work proactively and efficiently, set priorities, and meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge and competency in using social media in fundraising and its execution;
- Strong interpersonal and donor relations skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Function as an integral member of the overall team, and provide not only leadership and strategy, but also recommendations and support as appropriate;
- Willingness to learn and grow as strategies and technologies evolve.
Qualifications and experience
- 1+ years’ experience with Luminate Online in a not-for-profit organization preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or fundraising. Experience in a nonprofit organization is a substantial plus;
- Experience with content management and donor relationship management systems;
- Experience and familiarity with Raisers Edge a plus;
- Data entry experience;
- Knowledge and experience with digital marketing tools, including Google Analytics;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn other software programs as needed an asset.
We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Due to high volume applications, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.