Taku River Tlingit First Nation
Reporting to the Senior administrative assistant, the Front Desk Admin Assistant position is accountable for providing administration assistance to the Administration, Governance, and Finance departments, as well as reception support for the administration building departments. This position requires a range of skills: organizational, planning, coordination, basic accounting skills, balancing tasks, computer literacy, priority setting and personal interaction/customer service. Confidentiality and professionalism is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
1. Greet visitors to the Administration Building in a welcoming manner, directing them to appropriate departments or individuals.
2. Completion of receiving log; handling, tracking and prioritizing all incoming and outgoing mail and faxes; answering and directing calls; greeting visitors; shredding.
3. Performing a range of administrative duties, e.g.: preparation of correspondence and worksheets, liaising with other TRTFN departments; interdepartmental mail, creating and distributing/displaying event posters.
4. Finance Department duties as: tracking invoices and receipts; distribution of payments; tracking, summarizing and controlling Contribution Agreements; organizing/matching/filing support; data entry in SAGE 50 when required.
5. Travel coordinator: coordinating, booking and reconciling travel requests, including assessment of options.
6. Monitoring and ordering supplies and services.
7. Photocopying, scanning, filing, facilitating, faxing, data entry and maintenance of internal and external communications.
8. Data entry and managing/organizing files; hard and electronic.
9. Support departments by maintaining positive relationships and providing timely/accurate responses.
10. Carry out day-to-day duties and functions in a confidential, accurate, efficient and professional manner, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
11. Complete other duties as reasonably assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS SETS AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12. A post-secondary degree in administration courses and experience working with First Nations and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience working in an administration position with First Nations is an asset. Proven experience in office planning and organization. Strong computer skills are essential, including in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Experience in data base and SAGE 50 is an asset. Excellent communication skills and problem solving is an asset. Ability to balance duties, and transition between departments and duties as required. Proven ability to work independently and self-driven is essential.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Criminal Record Check
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $17.80 to $21.36 /hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- administrative: 2 years (Required)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Atlin, BC (Required)