Taku River Tlingit First Nation
TRTFN is currently upgrading its system, to be cloud based and the Nation is seeking a motivated and organised accounting clerk, to join the Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Officer or designate and working out of TRT’s Atlin office(s), the Accounting Clerk’s duties are primarily of a supportive nature to the other team members, being the Finance Officer, Finance Assistant (Payroll and Receipts) and Accounts Payable Clerk. Duties include: filing, organising and tracking Contribution Agreements (CA’s) and contracts and other core documents, being the back-up accounts payable clerk, following up on inquiries, arranging travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide clerical and accounting support to the department.
2. Maintain, organise and track accounting documents and records, including CA’s, contracts, invoices, revenue and payroll information.
3. Solid and accurate typing and MS Office skills – including Excel and Word.
4. Data entry – SAGE 50.
5. Assist with reconciliations.
6. Making and tracking travel arrangements.
7. Complete tasks in accordance with policies, procedures and sound practices.
8. Promote and encourage a positive work atmosphere and communicating in a professional and respectful manner.
9. Other related Finance and Administrative duties as reasonably assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma required, with post-secondary accounting and/or admin courses a plus;
· Competency in MS Excel, Word and accounting software, preferably SAGE 50, required – database experience beneficial;
· Proven accounting and/or admin experience, preferably in accounts receivable or accounts payable with a First Nation;
- Possesses strong and proven organisational and administrative skills, and self-motivated.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Criminal Record Check
Application deadline: 2020-10-30
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.52-$24.62 per hour
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift