Argus Properties Hospitality
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for managing all of the daily operations of the Housekeeping and Laundry department at Hotel Eldorado and Manteo, while ensuring the highest level of guest service is maintained within this department.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivating, coaching, and inspiring team members to provide exceptional services to our guests.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance manage, resolve problems, provide open communication, and discipline and/or termination when approved.
- Collaborates effectively with all other department heads and leaders.
- Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff on details of work.
- Inspect all assigned suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including making beds and also vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintaining supply and equipment inventories while monitoring expenditures and cost controls.
- Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department
- Ensuring that Health, Wellness & Safety standards are met and exceeded, including knowledge of and proper use of cleaning and other chemicals, safe work practices, etc.
- Overseeing fair and effective scheduling and performance management of the team members in conjunction with the Housekeeping Supervisors and Human Resources.
- Effective planning, problem-solving, budgeting & reporting in order to continually improve operations & efficiency. Striving to achieve service goals and financial targets.
- Create and implement a departmental plan and measurable objectives for Housekeeping that supports the Company’s overall strategy.
- Forecasting and proactively address needs for housekeeping department.
- Maintains Lost and Found records.
- Collaborates with other Leaders and Supervisors to identify and analyze business requirements and the implications for the team; identifies gaps and implements agreed upon solutions.
- Resolves guest service issues and identifies and remove potential barriers to guest service excellence across Eldorado Resort.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years of previous housekeeping leadership experience (supervisor or manager) in a similar 4+star resort environment.
- Strong knowledge of all facets of housekeeping operations, with a commitment to service excellence.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with clearly demonstrated leadership and motivational abilities with the ability to develop effective training programs.
- The initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and resolve them in a timely manner with sound decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills & outstanding attention to detail, with an emphasis on achieving objectives within deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Opera or similar Property Management System.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to motivate and lead employees in a busy, high quality environment.
- Self-starter, with time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of WHIMS and chemical use.
- Able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays.
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction.