Laonil Lake, SK
The Seabee Gold Operation is an underground gold mining and milling operation, located near Laonil Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada, approximately 125 kilometers northeast of the town of La Ronge. The Santoy underground mine has been in continuous commercial production since 2014. Commercial production at the Seabee underground mine commenced in 1991 and exhausted Mineral Resources in 2018. All ore is processed at the Seabee mill facility, which has been in operation since 1991.
This position is a fly in fly out with pick up points in Saskatoon, Prince Albert & La Ronge. The work schedule will be 14 days on site, 14 days off site.
The Environmental Coordinator is responsible for environmental compliance monitoring, laboratory preparation and compliance sample collection and submission, workplace and drill site inspections and corrective actions, waste management support functions, accurate data input and records keeping, and file management.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
- Provide appropriate technical advice and support to operation teams on environmental challenges and standards.
- Promote proactive environmental awareness for the project.
- Monitor site environmental performance and compliance through monitoring, sampling, inspections, audits and reporting.
- Investigate reportable incidents, including making recommendations and ensuring appropriate site corrective actions are developed and implemented
- Identify, develop and deliver appropriate educational materials regarding environmental control initiatives to reduce risk to environmental, personal and material losses
- Supervise and assist in the professional development of field technicians
- Compile and contribute to reports for environmental regulatory agencies and intra-company purpose.
- Technical knowledge of Federal and Provincial compliance practices and regulations would be an asset.
Other: Complies with all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees; including the Code of Conduct. The Respect in the Workplace Policy, Safety, Health & Environment policies, and any other applicable standard, policies and procedures are implemented and or revised by the Company or by Legislation.
Note: Nothing in this job restriction managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Recognized university degree in Environmental studies or a related science program
- Relevant work experience, preferably in the mining industry, with environmental management, project management or other related responsibilities
- Proven operating record backed by solid technical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both spoken and written
- Strong leadership and coaching skills