Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, and with the direction of the Early Childhood Education Leader, the successful candidate will:
- Implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music.
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities.
- Establish and maintain a warm supportive relationship with the families of the children.
- Keep accurate and current records as required by the Centre and the Ministry.
- Attend meetings and professional development seminars as required.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.
- Maintain a healthy, safe, clean, stimulating environment for children in the assigned classroom and for the Centre.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a registered Early Childhood Educator.
- Minimum two-year diploma in Early Childhood Education recognized by the College of ECEs (www.college-ece.ca)
- Must have more than one (1) year practical experience working in a licensed day care centre and/or with children ages 18 months to 6 yrs.
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and knowledge of licensing regulations an asset.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate (including Infant and child CPR)
- Certified Food Handler (CFH)
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal reference check.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.