Founded in 1955 as the Lutheran Sunset Home of Saskatoon, LutherCare Communities provides excellence in care, housing, and community services within a nurturing Christian environment.
Applicants will be responsible for the personal care and safety of group home residents with cognitive and/or physical disabilities who have high medical needs. Disability Support Workers are responsible for implementing individual care plans and ensuring a high quality of life for all residents. Duties and Responsibilities of Disability Support Workers include three main areas:
- Resident Care – Could include providing medical, physical and personal support such as personal care, medication administration, tube feeds, respiratory therapy, and other duties
- Resident Programming – Could include the facilitation of resident daily living activities and participation in the community
- Home Maintenance – Could includes housekeeping, laundry and the preparation of meals and snacks
LutherCare offers a competitive compensation package. Benefits Include:
– Health care benefits – Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
– Dental benefits – Employee family assistance program
– Vision benefits – Pension plan contributions shared with LutherCare
– Long term disability benefits – Paid sick leave
– Group life benefits – Enhanced vacation entitlement
Applicants would qualify for this position through the completion of post-secondary education in a related discipline (ie: Disability Support Worker, Continuing Care Assistant etc.) with a minimum of one year experience working with cognitively and/or physically disabled adults with high medical needs. Applicants must be comfortable in providing medical support as required. Sign language is desirable. Applicants must be available to work shifts that include days, evenings, nights, and weekends. Applicants must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to interpret, read, write and speak English fluently.
LutherCare Communities wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must provide a criminal background check prior to employment.