Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services
Pelican Narrows, SK
DIETITIAN and DIABETIC EDUCATOR
(Full time – Prince Albert Office)
Closing Date:Â June 2, 2020
The Dietitian and Diabetic Educator will be working as part of the PBCN Health Services Management team. The role of the Dietitian and Diabetic Educator is to promote healthy eating, enhanced management and prevention of Diabetes through nutritional counseling, consultation, education and awareness to health professionals and community members. Working with Diabetic and Family Outreach project teams and reporting directly to the Primary Care and Community Health Manager, the Dietitian and Diabetic Educator is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of the PBCN Diabetic Response Strategy.
The Dietitian and Diabetic Educator will be responsible for clinical support to the Diabetic and Family Outreach Project teams; Nutrition and diabetic education services to diabetic clients; Educational services to the communities of Deschambault Lake, Pelican Narrows and Southend and follow up on referrals made by the health staff and community members.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- 4 year Dietitian/Nutrition degree
- Member of the Saskatchewan Dietetics Association (SDA)
- Willingness to upgrade current skills by attending professional training
- Sessions/workshops as required
- An understanding of diabetes disease process, self management, adult learning and teaching principles
- Ability to work effectively with a diversity of clients, families and other health disciplines
- Self direction and ability to work with minimal supervision
Maintain a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Must provide a satisfactory police records check.
- Extensive travel is required
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters with professional references to:
Lori Millions, Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 339, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 5R7
Telephone:Â (306) 765-1430Â Fax:Â (306) 953-0899