Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services
Pelican Narrows, SK
JOB TITLE: Custodian
REPORTS TO: Capital & Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Prince Albert, SK
POSTED: Wednesday, May 13, 2020
DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services is an incorporated non-profit First Nations health organization delivering health programs in the communities of Pelican Narrows, Deschambault Lake, Southend and Sturgeon Landing. PBCN Health Services is committed to striving for excellence, innovation and strengthening community development in health delivery.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Custodian is responsible for keeping the office building in a clean and orderly condition. Perform both light and heavy cleaning duties such as clean and sanitize offices, washrooms and common areas, sweeping and washing floors; clean sinks, counters, walls and glass; emptying trash receptacles and removing debris/garbage. Duties may include performing minor maintenance activities and notifying their immediate supervisor of the need for repairs. The Custodian will perform these duties while adhering to all Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S), Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C), and other PBCN Health Services approved policies and procedures. Maintaining these responsibilities will help to ensure the health, safety and security of the public and staff.
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Previous custodial work experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures;
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning products;
- Effective verbal and communication skills;
- Ability to lift heavy objects and remain in a standing position for a duration of time;
- Effective time management and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team player;
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance & Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Depending on Education & Experience
Benefits: PBCNHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Extended Health Care.
Please send resumes and cover letters with professional references to:
Lori Millions, Human Resource Manager – email@example.com
P.O. Box 339, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, S6V 5R7
Telephone: (306) 765-1430 Fax: (306) 953-0988
- Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.