State Window Corporation
State Window Corporation is a PROFIT 500 manufacturing and construction company located in Vaughan, ON. State manufactures, designs and installs window wall, curtain wall and railing systems for high rise condominiums.
Our values allow us to thrive in today’s ever-changing global environment. Through innovation and a relentless passion for what we do, we constantly strive to conduct a business that is ethically, responsibly, and sustainably sound. We are extremely proud of this passion, and endlessly driven by dependability, loyalty, and honesty. Finally, our commitment to our customers is what drives us. We take pride in our work. We take pride in our people. We take pride in our dedication to quality, every step of the way.
State is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Administrator in the Finance Department. Apply today if you meet the qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reports directly to the Accounts Payable Manager. The AP administrator will work closely with the Accounts Payable Manager to ensure month end deadlines are being met as well as be the Finance Admin for subcontractors. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Full Cycle Accounts Payable function for 2 operating divisions;
- Reconciliation of vendor statements;
- Coordinate with purchasing to resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries;
- Prepare month end close accrual;
- Responsible for AP cycle of subcontractor billing which is progress based and managed in Sage and Procore;
- Audit subcontractor and supplier invoices, and schedule them for approval and payment;
- Obtain lien waivers and ensure compliance with all contractual requirements prior to making payments to subcontractors and suppliers;
- Pay subcontractor and supplier invoices pursuant to Company policy and procedures;
- Setup new subcontractors in Sage;
- Process back charges related to safety program;
- Support the financial administration of the Safety Incentive Program; and
- Interact with subcontractors in providing necessary billing documents and resolutions on billing discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance is preferred;
- Minimum 2-3 years accounts payable experience in the construction industry;
- Experience in Sage 300 ERP or similar accounting software;
- Experience in Procore or similar project management software;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload;
- Proficient in data entry and management;
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality; and
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- May require driving your own/company vehicle in the event a cheque/other documents need to be picked up/dropped off/mailed at a specific location;
- Work environment requires wearing PPE in certain locations; and
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
Medical and dental benefits Employee Assistance Program for family and friends, staff social events, holiday party, performance bonuses, yearly increments, birthday celebrations, discounted group home and auto insurance program, reimbursement for safety shoes and more…
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). SWC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)