Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Location: (1) Mishkeegogamang & (1) Attawapiskat
The Community Release and Reintegration Program provides wrap-around client services from pre-charge diversion, to bail, through to sentencing and to reintegration.
- Experience and education in Social Services, Justice or Indigenous Studies.
- Knowledge of the justice system, the criminal court, and justice issues affecting Indigenous peoples is ideal.
- Fluency in an Indigenous language is an asset.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Positive role model in the community
- Build strong relationships with community and justice partners.
- Interview clients, complete assessments and determine eligibility for programs.
- Obtain client information, adhere to program requirements, and communicate outcomes.
- Supervise bail court orders and provide aftercare support to clients in the Bail Program.
- Assist clients with social, mental health, education, housing, life-skills and well-being services, to reintegrate into the community following incarceration.
- Maintain confidential client records and complete statistical reporting.
- Provide counselling and referrals to clients.
- Other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time