Athabasca Health Authority
COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH NURSE
FOND DU LAC, SASK.
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION OF COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH NURSE FOR FOND DU LAC, SASK.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Manager of Mental Health and Addictions, and in consultation with the AHA Mental Wellness team, the Community Mental Health Nurse will:
· provide support, assessment, education and planning services to the families and clients who are experiencing mental health challenges;
· utilize nursing skills and knowledge in the application of psychiatric nursing theories and practices in accordance with the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS) Standards of Practice, and work from a strength-based recovery model;
· engage in a therapeutic partnership with clients, family members, caregivers, colleagues and community services;
· be responsible for providing liaison services including ensuring linkages between clients, hospitals, community mental health and addictions treatment services, including health and social service providers, psychiatry, and the provision of consultation, advocacy, limited assessment, crisis counseling and short term follow up as required to provide more accessible and effective services.
· Registered Psychiatric Nurse (diploma or degree) with current or eligibility to be registered with the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RNPAS);
· A Case Management Certificate and/or experience will be considered an asset.
· Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team, case conferencing, assisting in research and development if required, ongoing evaluation of service delivery, addressing gaps in service delivery and implementing change as required bettering service to the clients.
· Knowledge, analytical skills and experience in the field of Indigenous mental health is an asset;
· Effective written and oral communication skills, problem solving, advocacy and assessment skills;
· Motivated, self-directed, and possess the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team;
· Sound knowledge of the Dene culture and the ability to understand or speak the Dene language would be considered an asset;
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should forward their resume, including a clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerability Record Check plus 3 professional references including at least one from your current/previous employer to:
Athabasca Health Authority
PO Box 124
Black Lake, SK S0J 0H0
Deadline: July 31, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care